Thursday, November 4, 2010

What makes some people so obnoxious?

The bloke in front of me in the gastro pub queue that we go to most weeks, to meet up with our daughter, came back and moaned that his wine was short measured. It was one of those multi size glasses with lines to show 125ml and 175ml.

He didn't do it politely, he was positively aggressive.

It was pointed out to him that it was small wine (125ml) and that's what he'd been charged for but he started to accuse the barman of giving him a drink not listed on the wall mounted drinks menu (in fact it was shown on there).

I felt I couldn't just stand back and see the barman, who has always been pleasant and helpful to me, be treated in this way. I suggested that, as the drink wasn't short measured and neither had he been over charged, he shouldn't worry about it.

Then it was my turn to get the verbal abuse. I was told it had nothing to do with me and maintained that the staff were unhelpful and useless.

I pointed out that I go there most weeks and the staff are great. He reckons he goes there every week too.

But he's not any more apparently, because they've banned him and his family.


It's amazing the difference in attitude you see and receive depending upon your own towards them isn't it.

1 comment:

Mark Hibbitts said...

Good post Roy. Attitude is everything, and, as Charles Swindoll once quoted...

'The remarkable thing is, we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day'.

...I find it takes less effort to choose a good attitude and you feel a lot better too!