Monday, September 20, 2010

Get yourself found on Google - but differently!

Here's a damn good reason why you should have a clear sign on your business premises.


I have used a local computer parts reseller in Great Yarmouth recently and they were very helpful and friendly.

Looking for an external USB sound card for my laptop to improve the sound quality, I thought I would give them a call to see if they had what I needed to avoid a longer trip into Norwich.

But I couldn't remember their business name or, although I could drive you there, their address either.

A search on the 'net didn't throw them up instantly so I took a trip down Google Streets to see if I could work out at least the road name.

Didn't need to! Their sign was showing clearly on the end of the building. Job done and they got the phone call - not one of their competitors in the town.

How many of us have visited a shop or office in real life and then can't remember it's name later? However you can clearly remember where it is.

If you work from home you may not want to do that, but it seems like a really good idea to me otherwise.

No comments: